Gangsta' Street RolePlay
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your account and your password and safety ( READ IF YOU HAVEN'T )

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BabyGangsta
Admin
BabyGangsta

Your account and your password and safety ( READ IF YOU HAVEN'T ) Empty
PostSubject: Your account and your password and safety ( READ IF YOU HAVEN'T )   Your account and your password and safety ( READ IF YOU HAVEN'T ) EmptyMon Jan 21, 2013 6:29 am

Alright everybody I've dealt with so many people getting their password taken from somebody imitating a staff member, mainly me. Having the member of the community go onto a random ventrilo server and saying to give them their donator items they must give their password. There has been many other situations as well.

Now we NEVER need your password for any reason. None of the staff do even if your account has an issue. DO NOT give out your password.

Now a quick reminder when you play on GS-RP I suggest you do not download anything on our forums that are not in a zip/rar file and are just files and not any executable files(.exe). People have implanted Trojans/key loggers in a lot of installers and we just can't be the ones to monitor it and keep you safe as it's a public forum with non-approval posting.

Do not add anybody from GS-RP on MSN / Facebook or any other chat messenger unless you fully trust them. All it takes is one person to gain your friendship and add you a messenger and maybe send a key logger/Trojan file to you over a chat messenger. If anybody recommends you a mod to install I suggest you use virustotal.com before you install it. If it's 2 big than ask them for a public link like at a popular mod website and make sure there is lots of downloads and wasn't just added like a week or two ago. Most mods for GTA: SA are now days at least 2 years old.

Now another thing is to always have a different and custom password for the forums and in-game. That means the password you use in-game and on the forums should be different from each other and not used anywhere else. The reason for this is somebody can end up going under your account.

I also suggest if we ever have a Senior/Lead Admin removed I would switch your passwords. The reason why is they could add backdoors and snatch passwords and I noticed recently a Israeli IP was accessing my forum account for a few days but had no access to the adminCP.

If somebody ever asks you to go to a ventrilo besides GS-RP's you should report them straight away to an administrator and take a screenshot of them telling you. It's ban able for advertising and attempt to steal passwords. If you ever get asked to go to another server on SA-MP if you do decide to go on it NEVER USE the same password as you do on GS-RP.

I also suggest you do not login to GS-RP at public places or allow friends or any family members to know your password. If their around you while you're going to login than wait till their gone than login.

I would also make sure you login only on your computer or a computer you can trust. Anybody can add a key logger or Trojan to a computer if they got access to it. And I've had real life friends even brothers add a key logger to a member of GS-RP's computer and mess up their account.

I would also like to remind you that some people have been fooled recently about giving you free items. Say for example somebody claims to be me BabyGangsta and they say they will give you a free vehicle and donator items if you hand me your password. I do not need your password to give you those items I can do it through the FTP or in-game and if I want your password I can get it through the FTP as well at anytime no excuses. I always have the FTP on me even at school I got the login details so don't think I can't get your password any second I want to because I can.

Please just read and understand this because giving away your password is your fault and your problem. I am not paid to watch the Lost Stuff forums all day long and recover accounts. I have to work in real life and do school and then come on GS-RP and try to organize other things. So I suggest you be safe and you won't have any issues. If that means not playing GS-RP at school than don't.

Best Regards,
Lead Admin Baby Gangsta.
Back to top Go down
https://gs-rp.forumotion.com

Your account and your password and safety ( READ IF YOU HAVEN'T )
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gangsta' Street RolePlay :: Gangsta' street information-
Jump to: